The following contracts already in place is evidence that the Office of the Wet’suwet’en is not the sole authority that allows the Wet’suwet’en people to make contracts in regards to their land. Proof the hereditary chiefs are not the only rightful decision-makers on their lands, it can and was legally done without their consent.
Sadly it is the Office of the Wet’suwet’en that is standing in the way of all of the territories of the Wet’suwet’en Nation, even though all band counsels have signed agreements with LNG and the BC Government, instead of bending to the will of their people they demand their people bend to the will of the Chiefs.
Economic and Community Development Agreements
- Wet’suwet’en FN Forest Consultation and Revenue Sharing Agreement – 2017
- Wet’suwet’en First Nation Interim Agreement on Forest & Range Opportunities – 2006 (PDF)
- Wet’suwet’en First Nation Political Accord Concerning Land and Resources – 2003 (PDF)
- Wet’suwet’en First Nation Interim Measures Agreement – 2003 (PDF)
- Wet’suwet’en FN Natural Gas Pipeline Benefits Agreement (Coastal Gaslink Pipeline Project) – 2014
- Wet’suwet’en First Nations Limited Partnership (FNLP) Pacific Trails Pipeline (PTP) Economic Participation Agreement – 2008